[TYPO3-dev] Smoothmigration / typo3-upgradereport - conditional checks

Stefan Geith typo3dev2012.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri Nov 22 10:29:58 CET 2013

Hi Friends,

typo3-upgradereport (aka smoothmigration) is a great extension to find
possible problems in extensions prior to upgrading to 6.2 LTS.
Thanks a lot to the authors of smoothmigration!

But now, that I start modifiying extension to support all versions form
4.5 to 6.2, the reports don't get smaller, because the code for 4.5
compatibility is still included, e.g.
- Xclasses are includes the old *and* the new way
- Conditions, checking vor Typo3-version are not detected

So my question is:
Is there a way, to exclude code-lines form checks ?
I mean, It would be cool to have an annotation like
    // @Typo3-4.x
that marks all lines, that need no checks, because they
- are executed only, if Typo3-Version<6.0
- have a 6.x-compatible version implemented in parallel (e.g. Xclass)

This would help to to make the report more readable and reflect the
progress of fixing extensions.

Another good option for developpers would be, that you can mark
extensions as "dont check with smoothmigration", because there are
extensions,
- that have different Versions for 4.x and 6.x, so I cannot install the
6.x Version in 4.5 and so a report for this extension is useless
- i'm not able to fix, so I have to wait for a fixed version anyway
Showing these extensions as a list (without details) would help.
Maybe this could be implemented by a line
   'dont_check_with_smoothmigration' => '1',
in ext_emconf.php, so that after an Update via TER the extension is
included in normal checks again.

... just my thoughts about smoothmigration ...

Cheers,
  /Stefan