[TYPO3-dev] Some questions regarding composer support

Kevin Ulrich Moschallski kevin at digitalpatrioten.com
Mon Nov 18 19:35:23 CET 2013

Hi list,

i have some quetions about the composer support in 6.2.

First of all i would like to know how the names of the composer
packages for the sysexts are supposed to work. These contain an
additional slash in the name
which seems to be forbidden by composer. I.e in sysext extbase:
typo3/cms/extbase. When is try to add a package with this naming
convention on packagist
i receive and error message regarding the second slash in the name.

If it's not possible to change composer to allow such kind of
"categories" i'm intrested if a naming concetion like
typo3.cms.extensionname is planned which the installer script could
split before installing to prevent an extension path like
typo3conf/ext/typo3.cms.extensionname.

As far in can see, some kind of naming convention aside the vendor is
needed as TYPO3/Flow and TYPO3/CMS share some package names like
'form'. Form is currently just available as typo3/form on packagist and
the composer.json for CMS has 'typo3/cms/form' as name, which is
invalid.

This is the most important question for me regarding composer support.
Below i have some additional minors:

- When will the core packages arrive on packagist, or is a private repo
planned or even a transfer of Felix's composer.lightwerk.com?
- Will there be a way to handle shared dependecies like jquery (some
kind of library packages)?
- Does the official composer install currenlty handle the package
activation yet? (i'm currently working with Felix's repo only)

That's it for the moment. I hope somebody could help me with my questions.

BTW: Great work with the implementation of composer, also the variant
currently parsing the TER done by Felix (et al.?). Thank you very much
for this!

Greetings

Kevin