[TYPO3-dev] Upload Extension Folder Structure Missing

Galih Dono Prabowo gdprabowo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 19:52:29 CET 2013

Hello all,

I am a newbie in Typo3 and would like to ask you guys some questions about developing new extensions.

I am currently developing a website which has some extended functionality like document sharing. In this sense, I want to develop my own Extension in order to support these functions.

The problems are the following:

1. I followed the tutorials at docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ExtbaseFluidBook/0-Introduction/Index.html.
2. When I tried to upload the new extension using Extention Manager, I found out that the folder structures (Classes/Controller, Classes/Domain, Classes/Domain/Model, etc) went missing. Furthermore, the extensions' folder name had a ".zip" in it.

My question will be, why are my folder structures missing? Is it supposed to be? And is the extension's folder name normal?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.