[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Installation Error with Apache Virtual Hosts

Michael Schams typo3ml at schams.net
Fri Nov 1 04:25:45 CET 2013

On 01/11/13 06:42, Jason Wright wrote:

[...]
> Thus I should be able to access the index file of testsite.  When I do,
> TYPO3 is redirecting me to what it believes to be the first page of
> installation, but instead, it is directing me to a domain of testsitec.

You should find out, if Apache or TYPO3 redirects you to this invalid
domain (with the "c" at the end).

- Rename the file .htaccess in DocumentRoot to something like
"_htaccess_disabled" (to deactivate it for the time being). Then try again.

- Review Apache's configuration files: start with the virtual host file,
investigate every line that could do a redirect such as "RewriteRule",
"Redirect", etc. If this does not help, check other Apache config files
such as httpd.conf, files in directory conf.d, etc.

> Notice the addition of the letter c at the end of the domain.  When I
> manually correct it, it does the precise same thing along each step of
> the installation.  Any thoughts?

I have never seen anything like that in TYPO3. What exactly do you mean
by "When I manually correct it..."? Do you remove the letter "c" from
the address in your location bar in your browser? So, for example:

http://www.example.comc/index.php
becomes:
http://www.example.com/index.php

What exactly is the domain? Is it a valid public domain on a remote
server or local host or internal network?

I bet my money, that this has something to do with the webserver, not
TYPO3 :-)

Cheers
Michael