[TYPO3-dev] Status of "devlog" extension

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue May 28 17:12:54 CEST 2013

Hi all,

A bug fix version of extension "devlog" finally made it to the TER
(version 2.10.0). I fixed the most important problems that were plaguing
the extension since a couple of TYPO3 versions. I tried to keep things
as simple as possible. There would be so many changes to make to things
clean again.

Note: you'll need to perform a database update, as the size of one field
was raised.

Now about the future: a couple of years ago, Fabien Udriot had started
doing a new, ExtJS-based version, which was meant to be version 3.0. The
work was never really finished, mostly due to my own lack of time back
then. I gave this version a spin today and it doesn't really work well
anymore. Plus, a lot of things happened in between: namespaces, jQuery
favored over ExtJS, etc.

This means that writing a new version of devlog is a really extensive
task, one which I don't really want to tackle, for lack of time and real
motivation. If some of you are interested in giving this extension a new
life, make yourself known here and we'll see what we can work out.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter