[TYPO3-dev] Adding child-objects in an extbase edit-view

frank at f03.eu frank at f03.eu
Mon May 27 13:01:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

quick question: How can I add an ADDITIONAL child to a parent object only
via FE / <f:form> mechanism ?

Right now if generate a post parameter like
tx_myext[childobj][someIndex][someProperty]with

 <f:form object="{parentObject}" ><f:input
property="childobjects.{someIndex}.someProperty" /></f:form>

All existing childObjects are DELETED and only the one added by the form is
set.

The whole mechanism takes place in an Edit-View, the updateAction does not
have any additonal code in it, nor does the ParentObj Repository.

Any tryouts with syntaxes like:

<f:input property="childojbect.someProperty" /> or

<f:input property="childobjects.someProperty" />

fail with the new property mapper and with the old one.

Extbase Version used is 4.7.

PS: I could ofc assign all existing child obj tot he f:form as hidden
fields, but that could make the application slow with 100s of child objs ;).

Thx 4 hints.

Frank