[TYPO3-dev] Identifier in FAL

Martin Sonnenholzer martin.sonnenholzer at googlemail.com
Fri May 24 10:01:11 CEST 2013

I had to do file uploads in a fe_user case in 6.0. First of all I see a need for a CRUD API for FAL as FE User and as BE User, otherwise it's not really handable for extension develpoment.
Second point is that the identifier in the table sys_file. It is a total mess in my opinion. I added a second storage for FE User to save the files seperatly. ANd now I have 5 datasets in the sys_file table for 1 file. And the metadata can be 5 different ones. The only anchor is the sys_file_refeference that I had to add by hand (missing api for FeUsers).

Don't get me wrong I love Typo3 and I love the way it goes with Version 6. But FAL is absolutly not usable right now. And a big missing in the documentation.