[TYPO3-dev] Photodatabase with FAL + making it available with a FAL driver in a different installation

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Tue May 14 16:33:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm having the following project coming to a start.

I'm building a photodatabase (for press images) that will contain a lot of
images. These images are suppose to be used in a TYPO3 installation (a
different one) in content.

Now my case is, I will like to use FAL as a part of this project (to avoid
a flooded /uploads folder and get to know the new exciting work) - more
exactly the Image model.

What is the correct way to use FAL (sys_file) for this purpose together
with Extbase?

Is file File or AbstractFile the best suited object to extend for this
purpose, has anyone worked on a similar project that could share your
knowledge.

As this installation will be separate from the "content manager" (currently
running 4.5 but upgrade to 6 in the pipeline), I will like to make these
images available with a FAL driver so the images doesn't occure two places.

I can see his project being great for testing frontend usage of
sys_file_collection and test  the sys_file  concept :-)

Regards,

Søren