[TYPO3-dev] Best practice: How to store a complete TYPO3 installation in git

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon May 13 09:31:34 CEST 2013

Hi!

Andy Grunwald wrote:
> Today i asked me (during a coffee break) which kind of ways are exists
> to store a _complete_ TYPO3 installation / project in git.

I usually do like this:

/ <-- project root, stored in git (a private project on guthub)
/fileadmin <-- many folders here but only listed below are stored in git
--/templates <-- all templates are here
--/templavoila <-- TV DSes (sometimes!)
/typo3_src <- a symlink to the shared, my own version of the core
/typo3 <- a symlink to typo3_src/typo3
/t3lib <- a symlink to typo3_src/t3lib
/uploads <-- '*' in .gitignore
/typo3temp <-- '*' in .gitignore
/typo3conf <-- 'ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL', 'deprecation*' in .gitignore
--/ext <-- stored completely
index.php <-- a symlink to typo3_src/index.php
.htaccess <-- stored

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member