[TYPO3-dev] A question about namespaces

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:17:05 CET 2013

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Although it makes sense, the wiki page documenting the Namespace use in
> TYPO3 CMS (Core) [1] states that this is not allowed:

Good to know, thanks! Usually I do not look to the wiki because for me it
is more like an exchange tool than the official doc.

> * The second part of the namespace (in case of core classes the third
> part) is treated as the extension key. Pick an extension key to your
> liking, thanks to the unique vendor name collisions with other
> extensions will not happen. The extension key part in the namespace have
> to be written in UpperCamelCase and is internally transformed to
> lowercase_underscore.

This is quite bad because there is no such thing as "Realurl", for example,
but there is a "RealURL"™ :( Also not Templavoila but TemplaVoila.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member