[TYPO3-dev] config.linkVars cHash cache problem

Christian Ludwig cl at viazenetti.de
Mon Mar 18 20:30:16 CET 2013

Hi,

Ernesto wrote:
> please also be aware that if your parameter can be user-generated, and
> you start creating menus considering this parameter and an according
> cHash in your URLs, you might end up with endless cached pages (i.e.
> when google hits your page with different parameters). This might
> potentially fill your cache tables "to death".

Thank you for the hint, but the parameter is checked and if it is not
valid the user will be redirected to a valid page.

Ernesto wrote:
> If they need to be user-generated client-side, I wouldn't recommend
> generating menus with cHash's, but instead to transform your plugin
into
> USER_INT which is not influenced by TYPO3 page caching.

Well, I have links inside the content too (teasers, textlinks in RTE
etc.), and adding cHash to the menu will not fix the problem at its
root.
What will be faster? Having 4 USER_INT plugins that are fetching the
content from an external webservice and are depending on the same
linkVar or setting them to URER and disable page cache for the pages
with these plugins?

Joey wrote:
> But IMHO you are right and the core should provide that out of
> the box.

Thanks for your honesty ;-)

---
Christian