[TYPO3-dev] config.linkVars cHash cache problem

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Mar 18 18:23:07 CET 2013

Hi,

please also be aware that if your parameter can be user-generated, and
you start creating menus considering this parameter and an according
cHash in your URLs, you might end up with endless cached pages (i.e.
when google hits your page with different parameters). This might
potentially fill your cache tables "to death".

So you might want to make sure your extension parameter are not
user-generated but generated server-side.

If they need to be user-generated client-side, I wouldn't recommend
generating menus with cHash's, but instead to transform your plugin into
USER_INT which is not influenced by TYPO3 page caching.

Cheers,
Ernesto