[TYPO3-dev] A question about namespaces

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 15:29:58 CET 2013

Hi!

François Suter wrote:
> Consider one of my extensions, "external_import", and let's say that I
> use my company's name (Cobweb) as a vendor name. Namespaced classes in
> my extension would then be something like:
>
> \Cobweb\ExternalImport\Foo\Bar

Shouldn't it be in CGL? Currently I use
TYPO3\CMS\Extension\<CompanyName>\<ExtensionKey>\blahblah. That looks the
most logical to me because it shows that it is an extension, which is a
part of TYPO3 CMS made by a certain company. Since I have namespaced
classes, which are not TYPO3-related, I avoid conflicts with my scheme.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member