[TYPO3-dev] A question about namespaces

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 15 19:40:22 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have a question regarding namespace conventions in TYPO3 6.0 and
extensions (assuming I'm making a version of an extension strictly for
6.0+).

I'm not entirely sure how many "segments" there can be in the vendor name.

Consider one of my extensions, "external_import", and let's say that I
use my company's name (Cobweb) as a vendor name. Namespaced classes in
my extension would then be something like:

\Cobweb\ExternalImport\Foo\Bar

Right?

And we don't need to bother with "tx/Tx" anymore or is that still
necessary for some parts of the Core?

And if I have a group of extensions, like Tesseract, comprised of
"tesseract", "dataquery", "datafilter", etc. Can I use namespaces like:

\Cobweb\Tesseract\Tesseract\Foo\Bar
\Cobweb\Tesseract\Dataquery\Foo\Bar
\Cobweb\Tesseract\Datafiler\Foo\Bar

Is that correct?