[TYPO3-dev] Extension upload from commandline?

Tobias Liebig tobias.liebig at typo3.org
Wed Mar 13 11:02:02 CET 2013

>> th t3xutils does not touch the ext_emconf. You need to increase the version number yourself. I think this is what you want.
>
> Perfect!

you're welcome.
I'm glad someone else has a use case for this script.

> The I read that it doesn't update MD5 sums. Are there any serious disadvantages omitting this?

When uploading the files to the TER Soap-Service, the file ext_emconf.php isn't really uploaded, but just the meta data (title, description etc).
The md5 sums will be recalculated for each file during the file upload and the ext_emconf.php will be auto generated on the TER/Server side later.
So, for the upload, the md5 sums in ext_emconf.php don't matter.

However, "just update the md5 sums in the ext_emconf" is a planned, but not yet implemented feature for t3xutils. Pull request appreciated! :-)

regards
   tobias