[TYPO3-dev] config.linkVars cHash cache problem

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:42:24 CET 2013

Hi!

Christian Ludwig wrote:
> Thank you for your reply but I do not agree with you. What about the
> language parameter "L"? If TYPO3 would handle this parameter as you
> described, all links on a page would show to that pages with the
> language that was first cached.

L will be different for links on a page in two cases:
- if it is in the language selector
- if it is in the uncached object/plugin and you link to a different language.

In all other cases you will see the same language as you are currently in.

config.linkVars means: "take that URL parameter and use it in every link on
the page with the value from the URL".

> I am not yet that common with the cacheing mechanism in TYPO3 but I
> think that for every linkVars combination there should be generated a
> different cHash value and rendered and cached an own page.

Not necessarily. "L" is special. It does not have to use cHash because "L"
is usually handled with conditions. Conditions create a separate cached
version of the page for each condition combination.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member