[TYPO3-dev] forge and github

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 02:05:21 CET 2013

Hello,

Just to mentioned, that you are not alone, Clause Due, aka
NamelessCoder<https://github.com/NamelessCoder/>,
moved a while ago. Newsletter <https://github.com/Ecodev/newsletter> is
also hosted there. Github is getting very popular, also within TYPO3
community <http://forge.typo3.org/search?q=github>, and even with Core
members apparently<http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/wiki/Release_Team_Meeting_2013-02-18>.
It looks like there is at the very least 39 projects hosted on
github<http://forge.typo3.org/search?projects=1&q=github>
 already.

I really think the time has come to embrace this change, and support
github, even in the most basic form. The bare minimum would be to *allow
extension owner to change their repository URL*. So we can at least
document where the code lives (and avoid pointing to outdated SVN), even
without proper Redmine integration.

Have a look at http://forge.typo3.org/issues/45997 and maybe take time to
vote the issue up.

Cheers,