[TYPO3-dev] FAL migration for file links missing?

Nicolas de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Sun Jun 30 14:50:36 CEST 2013

The FAL migration wizard seems to completely ignore links to files in
tt_content.bodytext. Only tt_content.media is updated.

This will break all links if a file resource is renamed. There should be
at least a note in the Update wizard that file links are not migrated!

I recently run into big trouble when migrating a website with >1200 file
links in tt_content when after several days an editor started renaming
folders since that "should" be possible with FAL. Took me a whole day
work to get the database consistent again. (Since there are still some
other bugs in FAL which altogether really messed up the whole stuff)

If there were a note in the Upgrade wizzard I could have done the
migration manually with a script in less than 1 hour. At the moment it
makes you think that the migration is already completely implemented

I wonder that noone ran into that issue during the year since 6.0 is
published now. Or was that implemented before?

I would appreciate any reaction from someone who is involved in the FAL
migration stuff...

Here is the bug report (almost2 weeks old):
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/49233

regards,
Nico

--