[TYPO3-dev] Sorting Records in the backend

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jun 24 16:10:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 24-6-2013 15:06, Christian Ludwig wrote:
> You don't have to wait for NEOS, have you tried TYPO3 v6.*? There you
> can order and move content elements by dragging and dropping them within
> a page.
> What still is missing is drag n' drop contents from one to another page.

The OP wants to drag&drop in the List module. This isn't possible yet.

There once was a entirely new List module with drag&drop and many other
features, but it was built with ExtJs4. A trial upgrade to ExtJs4 for
the core showed that it caused many problems for existing functionality.
It wasn't feasible to move this new List module to ExtJs3.

Now we are saying farewell to all the old JS libraries and custom code,
and slowly moving to jQuery. Maybe someone feels like building a shiny
new List module with jQuery?

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor