[TYPO3-dev] Problem fetching FAL-FileReference via Extbase

Michael Bakonyi kontakt at mb-neuemedien.de
Fri Jul 26 13:08:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

based on these informations:

http://keinerweiss.de/755-typo3-fal-in-einer-eigenen-extbasefluid-extension-einsetzen.html
http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/extbase/article/fal-and-extbase-the-easy-part/
http://wiki.typo3.org/FAL#Usage_in_Extbase_.28in_progress.29

I'm trying to develop an extension where files are listed and can be
downloaded.

I double-checked my configuration of model, TCA etc. but in the frontend
the property "originalResource" is always "NULL". So I can't access all
the properties of my file to build the download-link for example. All
other properties (uid, fileRepository, pid etc.) of the reference are
present.

I shortly had a look at the model
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference and there is the function
"getOriginalResource" which handles exact this case (if originalResource
is NULL) but it seems like this function never gets called.

Is this a bug or do I have to initiate this function somewhere in my
extension?

Btw: fetching images via Fluid and "treatIdAsReference" is working but
for images there seems to be a separate processing within
TYPO3\CMS\Frontend\ContentObject / getImgResource()

Looking forward to hear from you,

Cheers,
Michael