[TYPO3-dev] fluid problem - Partial root path does not exist

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Fri Jul 19 09:57:04 CEST 2013

Hi

I have extended powermail and changed some of the fluid template files.
I consider it best practise to not modify these templates directly, so I
copied them to my own extension(formnotes) folder and added the
following TS:

plugin.tx_powermail {

     view {
         # cat=powermail_main/file; type=string; label= Path to template
root (FE)
         templateRootPath = EXT:formnotes/Resources/Private/Templates/

         # cat=powermail_main/file; type=string; label= Path to template
partials (FE)
         partialRootPath = EXT:formnotes/Resources/Private/Partials/

         # cat=powermail_main/file; type=string; label= Path to template
layouts (FE)
         layoutRootPath = EXT:formnotes/Resources/Private/Layouts/
     }
}

The form is shown and the new fluid templates are being used, but as
soon as I hit send on the powermail form I get this error:

Core: Exception handler (WEB): Uncaught TYPO3 Exception: #1288094648:
Partial root path
"mypath/httpdocs/typo3conf/ext/formnotes/Resources/Private/Templates/Forms/Partials"
does not exist. |
Tx_Fluid_View_Exception_InvalidTemplateResourceException thrown in file
/myPath/httpdocs/typo3_src-4.7.12/typo3/sysext/fluid/Classes/View/StandaloneView.php
in line 371. Requested URL:
http://myURL/?tx_powermail_pi1%5Baction%5D=create&tx_powermail_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=Forms&cHash=3ba2d27a0805c3de6d0c5ed48cc4ed87

I looked in the StandaloneView.php file and inserted an echo like so:
echo $this->partialRootPath;

It returns nothing.

Any help is appreciated

Using TYPO3 4.7.12 and powermail 2.0.7