[TYPO3-dev] Extension Manager UPDATE! function

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sun Jul 7 16:43:29 CEST 2013

Hi Philipp,
 > Franz Holzinger wrote:
 >
 >> Where is the 'UPDATE!' menu in TYPO3 6.1.1?
 >> I can see an icon 'Execute the update script' in the extension list.
 >> However this does nothing but display an error message:
 >>
 >> "Update script for static_info_tables
 >> Nothing to do: no language pack is installed.
 >
 > The button is the same as the dropdown in earlier versions.
 >
 > Actually the script should indicate if does not need to be run; then the
 > icon would not be shown.

I don't think so. The icon would still be shown, but when clicked the
extension manager would display "No update necessary." Maybe this is a
better message.

However, there could be old versions of language packs that are
installed, but cannot be handled by the script... I will modify the
message to be more explicit and explanatory.

Regards,
Stanislas