[TYPO3-dev] conditional TCA changes

Dirk Wenzel wenzel at webfox03.de
Tue Jul 2 23:25:49 CEST 2013

Hi Philpp,
and thank you.
I wanted to stick to the existing field in order to be able to use the
existing functionality. (sorting news records by date - to be more
precise: Sort by year and handle years before 1970).

Unfortunatly I found out that the controller doesn't process negative
timestamps as expected. Therefore I decided to switch to another - much
less elegant - solution: Years as predefined categories. Urgh!

Just to state it clear: this is not tx_news' fault but a result of the
handling of DateTime values by unix timestamps.

Cheers
Dirk