[TYPO3-dev] Extension documentation in ReST format

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jan 31 14:26:26 CET 2013

Hi Claus,

> That being said, I would just not be able to combine all the
> documentation at the same time as preserving the overview. Even ReST
> would be hell to work with, albeit much less than OpenOffice ;)

Of course I noticed that. I wonder however how far we could push the
repurposing of ReST files. I'm also curious for my suite of extensions
called "Tesseract", which is about a dozen extensions all in all. If I
moved the documentation to ReST I would like to find a way to use it
also on the dedicated web site in a way that's more integrated.

But - as you say - time is lacking for such experiments. Anyway we need
to finalize the usage of ReST is extensions first.

> I will happily provide ReST versions of the README.md files if ReST
> becomes supported. But I could not make that the only documentation,
> hope you understand why :)

ReST *will* be supported officially eventually. That's really what we
aim for. I hope we can achieve that during the first semester of 2013,
because it's really the next logical step, but I would not date pledge a
date.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter