[TYPO3-dev] PHP Framework Interop Group and coding standards

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jan 29 19:30:08 CET 2013

Hi Adrien,

Adrien Crivelli wrote:

> Was it ever considered for TYPO3 6.0 to both request membership and apply
> their standards ? If so, what happened ? Is there any publicly available
> discussion about that topic, on mailing list or anywhere else ?

If anything is public, then on the typo3.teams.core list.

However we discussed that in the past and we will follow the PSR where it
makes sense.
For example PSR-2 requires to use spaces instead of tabs like TYPO3 CMS
does. I never found a good argument for spaces and I guess we will not
change the TYPO3 source, because this would make all pending patches to
raise conflicts.

Maybe you find some information in the code sniffer team:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-php_codesniffer

We discussed some of this at the code sprint in Linz:
http://typo3.org/news/article/typo3-qa-code-sprint-linz-2012/

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!