[TYPO3-dev] EM - Autoupdate Extension

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 08:21:34 CET 2013

On 01/26/2013 11:14 PM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Both for extensions and core updates we have seen situations in the past
> where automatic updates would not be the success you'd hope for.
> RealURL had an update which required multiple database compare actions
> to finally have the tables up-to-date.
> The core can have security updates which require manual actions.
>
> You can use extensions like caretaker to monitor multiple TYPO3
> installations and get notifications if updates are needed.

I use caretaker, but when have both, development environment, Staging
and production, I need a better way to push both file-changes (SVN/GIT
etc), no problem and database-changes, this is what causes me the most
troubles.

> For core updates you can create scripts that do the
> download-unpack-change_symlink actions for several installations.

I Use Phing already for this purpose, and its very satisfying.

--
Best Regards
Tomas Norre Mikkelsen

TYPO3 Profile: http://forge.typo3.org/users/4289