[TYPO3-dev] EM - Autoupdate Extension

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:06:36 CET 2013

Hi,

I don't know whom or where to write this message, so if its the wrong
place I hope you can point me into the right direction.

We want to be able to keep our TYPO3 instances up to date, even better
than already done.

How about create a schedule-task for sysext EM (extension manager) that
allow certain whitelisted extensions to be auto update when new updates
available.

This could be done in various ways, but I'm thinking something like this:

Extensions like realurl, static_info_tables etc. is most likely to be
updated without future issues/problems.

If the developer can mark and extension as autoUpdateable, you as
maintainer could accept or overrule this decission by a locale
whitelisting of extensions.

I don't know if there is any plans in the future for topics like this,
or if the TYPO3 SURF project will take over in the future. But till the
future kicks in, i think this could be a step forward to keeping TYPO3
instances up to date.

Is my idea understandable and what do you think?

--
Best Regards
Tomas Norre Mikkelsen

TYPO3 Profile: http://forge.typo3.org/users/4289