[TYPO3-dev] Extension documentation in ReST format

Bernhard Kraft kraft at web-consulting.at
Wed Jan 23 09:11:57 CET 2013

Hello !

I have a question about extension documentation. In there is a page
about the Documentation Team [1] on which the following sentence can be
found:

[...] Change the infrastructure of the manuals from OpenOffice .sxw to
ReST [...]

On the other hand on a page about extension development [2] still the
traditional SXW way is suggested.

So I tought I'll be clever and directly create the extension manual in
ReST format. Now I noticed it doesn't look nice to have a "Manual: Not
available" shown on typo3.org TER.

Of course I know all extension documentation is (was?) usually written
using OpenOffice (LibreOffice now).

So is the plan to also migrate extension documentation to ReST format or
will those manuals stay in SWX format?

greetings,
Bernhard

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/DocumentationTeam