[TYPO3-dev] Slow BE-Performance in 4.5 - doubled system calls?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Jan 9 18:58:48 CET 2013

Hi Roland Hager,

Roland Hager wrote:

> Well that's all I got so far. If anybody has further suggestions please
> tell me.

Nice analysis!

One think that came to my mind ... how big is your memory (RAM)? If it gets
too low, then the filesystem cache is not so effective, because it caches
less in that case.
Looking at my current workstation:
Mem:7761M used:1346M buffers:393M cache:1965M

I guess about half of the memory should be free for the operating system.

You should also investigate of using some kind of read cache (based on SSDs)
could increase the performance of your network drives. But that higly
depends on your system.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!