[TYPO3-dev] Locallang labels with a dot

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Feb 19 08:46:51 CET 2013

Hello,

> That was my suggestion yes. It should be safe as the _LOCAL_LANG
> section, when parsed, won't (or shouldn't) be used as an array.
>
> Flattening the _LOCAL_LANG section to the first level of label + value
> would 'fix' many extension that you can't change language fields of.

Just did a quick test on a 4.6 install:

plugin.tx_myplugin._LOCAL_LANG.default.tx_myplugin_domain_model_object.some_property
= custom label

and I got "custom label" instead of the original label. So it seems to
work (Extbase extension here). After a quick search in the source code,
I found this for pibase:

class.tslib_pibase.php:977:
// Remove the dot after the language key
foreach ($languageArray as $labelKey => $labelValue) {

and in ChangeLog of Extbase:
[+BUGFIX] Extbase (Utility): Make _LOCAL_LANG override work with dots.
Thanks to Thomas Maroschik. Resolves #12121

https://forge.typo3.org/issues/12121

So in fact it seems to work at first sight :)

What does not work is overriding another language than "default".

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6