[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] Skinning / Theming / ... / small 5 question survey

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Feb 18 13:26:16 CET 2013

[Crosspost with TYPO3.teams.core, surveylink is newsgroup dependend]

Hello Guys,

as stated already sometime before, I'm working on an easy frontend skin
/ theme solution. The idea originally came up with TVFramework by Ron
Hall, but as there are some problems of acceptance of a TV based skin
directory i analyzed other options.

I got so far, that i have a working prototype, which is able to inject:

 - TSConfig
 - TYPOScript + Constants

to a page and the corresponding page with a hook and sadly one xclass.

For the future there are some plans:

 - register skins by simply obeying an convention of directory structure
    -> allready reached
 - Fedext compatibility
    -> allready mostly reached
 - Backwards compatibility to TVF and Migration assistent
 - Standardized FCEs (2-4 Columns, see TVF for details)
 - A skin directory, either on my site, or on TYPO3.org
 - A skin preview extension
    -> should work already, as this is compatible to TVF with same hook
 - A Skin wizard, where you can map html elements with some dynamic
    stuff like menus
    -> can be achieved on top of fedext

As this is a rather big block of features and i want to keep the skin
seletor extension is small as possible this stuff will be seperated in
other extensions, which depend on the skin selector.

Regarding the name there are some alternative and i gently want to ask
you, what i should take ;).

Please take the short 5 question survey to help me with development ;)

	http://de.surveymonkey.com/s/NPJHYZ8

Thanks Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach