[TYPO3-dev] showing error message in the backend

Daniel Siepmann daniel.siepmann at typo3.org
Sun Feb 17 16:10:27 CET 2013

Thanks, I thought you're writing your own backend module
I've no experience using FlashMessages in Hooks. But reading the
documentation it looks like the backend module you're writing the hook
for doesn't render the FlashMassges. Did you add a Message and switch
to a Module that will render them? E.g. The Template > TypoScript
Object Browser. Perhaps they are shown there. Then you know that
adding FlashMessages still works, you just have to show them.

Then you just have to show them. Perhaps the paragraph from the
documentation will help:

> By default flash messages are shown atop the content of a module. However, if needed, you can change where the messages are shown by manipulating a module's template and inserting the ###FLASHMESSAGES### marker. Messages will then replace that marker instead of appearing at the top of the module.
>
> It is also possible to render a single message directly, instead of adding it to the queue. This makes it possible to display flash messages absolutely anywhere. Here's how this is achieved:

>> $message->render();

I would play around a bit or ask in the irc channel:
http://typo3.org/support/irc-chat/
Another place to ask would be the core mailinglist. I think the core
developers can help, because they have to do the same thing.

--
Daniel Siepmann
TYPO3 Editorial Team Co-Leader

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!