[TYPO3-dev] function retrieveMediaUrl

Henrik Ziegenhain henrik at ziegenhain.me
Sat Feb 9 11:04:33 CET 2013

Hi all,

in an own extension I need a video from Youtube. Youtube gives us 3 different links (youtu.be/, youtube.com/v/, youtube.com/watch).
TYPO3 CE Media offers a great way to handle all kinds of different link schema and video platforms.

If I am right, everything is handled in retrieveMediaUrl() - Why is this a protected function?

Is there a way to use this function in my extension? At the moment i just copied this function into my own ext, but this is not very nice I think.

Kind regards
Henrik