[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-ect] Announcing TER cleanup process

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 04:58:58 CET 2013

Hi Adrien,

Adrien Crivelli wrote:

> Oh, I forgot, since I am about to launch a revolution, also strictly apply
> PHP Framework Interop Group <http://www.php-fig.org/> standards
> (PSR-0, PSR-1, PSR-2) in as much things as possible, starting with Core
> :-D

We already try to follow those standards where it makes sense.

However, we will not strictly follow those standards as some are unpractical
(e.g. spaces instead of tabs).

Some of the rules in the "standard" seems to come from votes instead of
rational, technical thinking reasoning.

IMHO those standards are more important for libraries. After all, standards
are about interfaces and not so much about code formatting. I consider
formatting standards more being a suggestion.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!