[TYPO3-dev] Extbase 6.0 and AJAX-driven widgets

Anders Gissel invadercyg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:00:00 CET 2013

Hey guys,

I'm working on an extension in Extbase 6.0, and I've come across a
peculiar problem that I can't seem to fix: whenever I use a widget in my
frontend, and use it to run an AJAX-widget-request, all I get is this:

*#1284793775: No widget context was found for the Ajax Widget Identifier
"(long identifier goes here)". This only happens if AJAX URIs are called
without including the widget on a page.*

Some background info:

  * The entire extension was built on 6.0.1, and everything is using
    namespaces
  * The primary controller that instantiates the widget is uncached
  * The widget viewhelper itself has set $ajaxWidget = TRUE;
  * The widget controller can run its indexAction() just fine.
  * indexAction() then uses {f:widget.uri(ajax: 1, action: 'update')} to
    generate the URL for the AJAX-request
  * The resulting URL uses the proper page type, and has all the proper
    arguments. However, the request fails with the message seen above.
  * updateAction() has @ajax in its annotation
  * No closures, object storages or similar are sent along in the
    AJAX-request... it's just basic integers and strings all the way

I have compared my code to a set of widgets written by the Almighty
(that would be @Namelesscoder) that I know works on 4.7, and the only
difference I can see between his code and mine is, that I'm using
namespacing and running my code on 6.0.1.

Any ideas? Thoughts? I feel I'm going mad here.

Best regards,
Anders