[TYPO3-dev] Locallang labels with a dot

Rik Willems rik at metmeer.nl
Mon Feb 4 10:16:38 CET 2013

Dear all,

For a project I came across an extension that used dots (.) in the
locallang labels. This meant I could not override the values through
Typoscript setup. I assume this is because of the Typoscript to array
parsing that is done.

I think there are many more extension that have this problem besides
this one extension so I thought it'd be worth a post here.

How do we best handle this? I think there are generally two options:
1) Don't just dots in the locallang labels.
2) Don't parse the _LOCAL_LANG.xx part of Typoscript setup to an array
but just as is.

(1) will change nothing in the short run. (2) will change how Typoscript
is being parse for ages. What do you think?

Cheers Rik