[TYPO3-dev] sys_history in Frontend Extension

Benjamin Klatt benjamin at bar54.de
Sun Aug 25 09:29:09 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I am working on a frontend extension for Typo3 4.5.x based website (oldschool "tslib_pibase"-based).

The extension allows a website user to update records specific to the extension.
In the code, I am using $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_UPDATEquery() statements to write to the database.

Now, I have to create sys_history entries as it is done during backend editin, to allow the editors to rollback the website users changes if necessary.

However, I am not able to find any documentation or posts about how to do this in frontend extensions. Only the backend TCEMAIN stuff.

Can anyone point me to a good article or give me some details how to solve this?

Thanks a lot
benjamin