[TYPO3-dev] Is there an alternate extension for Digital Asset Management (DAM) ?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Aug 22 12:06:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Thank you for information. Have you used it yourself? I don't see any

I've seen 1-2 demos of it. It goes into the direction of DAM but it's
not DAM (yet?) so be aware of that. Media most probably lacks manpower
to get up to speed and be a real replacement for DAM so it may be worth
getting in touch with its author, Fabien Udriot (@fudriot) if you want
to help.

> documentation (and it says beta), so not sure about the stability and
> ability to use it.

Oh! I did not notice the extension had zero documentation, it's a shame.
As I did not install myself, I cannot tell you if there are some pitfall
but at least to "use it", you won't have much problem. Still, even if
basic, the extension should come with a documentation, sure!

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6