[TYPO3-dev] Serving protected files with FAL

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Fri Aug 16 11:32:58 CEST 2013

Hello Steffen,

> My files are located in a htaccess protected directory and files
> should be served after a custom authentication, from a extbase
> controller.
>
> I know EXT:naw_securedl but was looking for something more
> lightweight.

AFAIK, FAL does not have anything yet. I also don't know of any
extension that does it properly.

The - in my eyes - correct way would be to do the authentication in
TYPO3, and then use mod_xsendfile[1,2] to tell apache/nginx to send that
file out.
This way, the file streaming is task of the web server and not PHP.

[1] https://tn123.org/mod_xsendfile/
[2] http://wiki.nginx.org/XSendfile

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-