[TYPO3-dev] Graphical OpenID selector vs. login form

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Tue Aug 6 08:55:30 CEST 2013

Hi,

I made a patch that adds (customizable0 OpenID provider buttons to the
login form. Helmut rather likes to see that in a separate extension
than in the core itself.

Unfortunately, the login form is not dynamic at all; hooking into it is
impossible (unless you XCLASS \backend\Controller\LoginController
somehow). I had to patch sysext/t3skin, systext/openid and
sysext/backend to make the provider buttons work.

Moving the icons to an extension would also other extensions to be
developed, e.g. to include the new AccountChooser[3] the OpenID Working
group is developing.

So, how should the backend login form be made extensible?
- Do you think XCLASSing is enough?
- Do we need to support multiple login forms beside each other,
  switchable by buttons?

Maybe it's enough to allow backend login form services to provide
HTML, JS and CSS for their own login form. The login form controller
would simply render them in HTML, add switch buttons and take care of
showing/hiding the particular login form.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/49399
[2] https://review.typo3.org/22577
[3] http://accountchooser.net/

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-