[TYPO3-dev] Re: Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 30 19:36:48 CEST 2013

Quote: Kay Strobach wrote on Tue, 30 April 2013 16:21
> I'm also pro per user voting.
> This would ensure, that a user can just vote once / revote :D
>
> Regards
> Kay

Hello Kay,

you are one of the most constructive members, but here I ask for some realism.

Take the amount of registered members,
reduce them to the amount of active members,
reduce them to the amount of active members, that are willing to vote.

Do we have a first estimation here?

So far we have 25 supporters, thinking feedback is important for extensions at all.
The rest of the community is demonstrating ignorance to the matter of extensions.

What results would you expect on such a limited userbase?

Taking that numbers, I fully agree with Jigal van Hemert, that it's not worth
the effort and will lead to nothing.

I neither get the feedback, how many people are using my extensions,
nor do I get the number of feedback that quailifies it, to any statistical evidence.

I see  only one way, that is to pick up every vote, that is reachable,
from every installation a user is willing to klick thumbs up or down.
This has to be as simple and as appealing as possible for the user.

Either that brings in enough responses or there is no option at all
to collect user feedback by a systematic approach.

Regards

Elmar