[TYPO3-dev] Re: Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 30 16:36:32 CEST 2013

Quote: Christian Ludwig (chr.ludwig) wrote on Tue, 30 April 2013 16:10
> Hi Elmar,
>
> I like the idea and miss a feedback feature every time I am visiting the TER. But as Steffen said it would be even more interesting in knowing what others think about the extensions. So rating and commenting an extension is what would be great, but this seems to be better placed in TER frontend where the user must be logged in to vote and/or comment than in the extension manager.

In the past there was a feature to give feedback from the TER frontend personalized by login.
It was no success and it was removed with the relaunch.

1.) The TER frontend is not the place where people evalute extensions.
2.) People refrain to give their real opinion, when personalized in such a prominent place.
3.) The community of registered people is to small, to get a reasonable amount of feedback.

> So +1 for the initiative to increase TER frontends value.

But that is not a vote to collect feedback from the extension manager based on anonymized
domain names and/or IP.

Elmar