[TYPO3-dev] extension upload to TER under TYPO3 6.0

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Sat Apr 13 09:15:36 CEST 2013

Hello Elmar,
Le 12. 04. 13 10:40, Elmar Hinz a écrit :
> It gives back the original response from TER. Although that is a little
> cryptic I think it right, to do exactly that.
> An idea would be to evaluate TER response and to return an error
> in the shell it the upload faild. That would make it more easy to skript
> the upload. But for doing this I need to learn about the error channel
> of the unix first.

Yes, an error message would be necessary.

>> I have just uploaded div2007 in version 0.11.2.
Unfortunately I have discovered that the div2007 0.11.2 is the same as
before.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/div2007

So the upload did fail.
I have tried now to upload 0.11.3.
ext upload '<secret password>'

No output has been given. So I assume that everything went fine and you
will see version 0.11.4 of div2007 tomorrow morning.

>> by 1. I am sorry. So the former version 0.11.2 has been overwritten.
>
> That is in fact a very interesting experience. It means that it is possible
> to overwrite broken or dangerous versions with an empty or new extension.
>
> That is something, many people asked for.
Yes, this is a necessary feature, because e.g. you have seen a PHP error
in your extension. Then it would be wise to fix that bug immediately.
This would prevent other users to download this buggy version of an
extension from TER and then finally end up in a broken TYPO3 environment
(= blocker).
But a discussion for this topic can only be a new thread.

- Franz