[TYPO3-dev] esp - Announcing version 2.0.0 - Back to Speed with Stored Procedures

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 5 17:08:38 CEST 2013

Hello all,

with version 2.0.0 we are BETA again. It's tried in my current project and works fine so far.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/esp

The mayor reason for a new big version number is the change in API and technologial approach.
While version 1.x was returning the data in a temporary table, the stored procedures now returns
directly.

This makes writing stored procedures trivial. You write ordinary SQL queries:

  CREATE PROCEDURE tx_myext_page (page INT)
  BEGIN
    SELECT * FROM pages where uid = page;
  END

To make this work an extra mysqli connection is opened.
With TYPO3 6.1 we get mysqli connctions by default.

There are 2 classes for rendering now:

1) SimpleRenderer

Quite similiar like the CONTENT cObject.

2) JoinRenderer

The strength of the extension. Render results from JOINS.

Rendering is done with stdWrap, which you should be familiar with.
Knowing SQL and stdWrap there is nothing new to learn for you.

Have fun and write fast applications!

Elmar