[TYPO3-dev] ext_conf_template.txt: type= string or input?

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Sun Sep 23 11:14:18 CEST 2012

On 23/09/12 17:12, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

[...]
>> So, is it a bug in TYPO3 version 6.0.0 beta2 or is "type=input"
>> deprecated (and "type=string" is the correct syntax)?
>
> Not really deprecated but rather an undefined type.

This makes sense - thanks Jigal!

> Behaviour might change for undefined things.

Well, in TYPO3 version 6.0.0 beta2, the Extension Manager does not show
an input field but open/close brackets () instead. So, admins can not
configure extensions properly which have "type=input".

I do not know how many and which extensions are affected and yes, due to
the fact that "type=input" is officially not defined, this is a bug in
the extensions, not in TYPO3 nor the extension manager.

However, I suspect it would become a bigger problem if a lot of
extensions can not be configured any more (e.g. after an update to TYPO3
v6); even if the extensions use the v6 API (the deprecation log does not
show any hints) and I wonder if removing this mechanism was intended :-)

I let the EM team decide: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/41281

Cheers
Michael