[TYPO3-dev] Sessions and the "fe_typo_user" cookie

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:05:09 CEST 2012

Hi!

Arjen Hoekema wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to set the "fe_typo_user" cookie
> containing the session id only when there is session data that should be
> persisted.

Not a solution but the reason why the cookie is set: it is possible to bind
data to the current session even if the user is not logged in. I am not
sure why it was chosen not to use PHP sessions but to invent an own way but
this is why the cookie is set. Btw, PHP session cookie may also be set in
some cases, so you would need to watch for that too. If you disable the
cookie, beware that some exts (very few of them) may stop working properly.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/

Simplicity will save the world.