[TYPO3-dev] felogin limit

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Sep 13 16:36:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 13-9-2012 12:59, Federico Bernardin wrote:
> I tried to use felogin to manage reset password and I found some
> limits:
> 1) All texts are passed through pi_getLL with htmlspecialchars
> activated so I couldn't use html <br/>

Yes, safety against XSS!
You can use your own HTML template and add markup in there or use the
various stdwrap properties of the parts in felogin to add things to texts.

> 2) The mail sent to user can be only in plain mode and not in HTML.

Great! Small, no overhead and readable in all mail clients.
It's only for making sure the right person receives the option to change
the password. No need for corporate styling IMO.

> I think it is a big limit, do you know a way to resolve these
> problems?

You could make a patch and contribute this to TYPO3 as a new feature. [1]

[1] https://typo3.org/teams/core-development-team/

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member