[TYPO3-dev] OpenSuSE packages for Typo3

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Sep 11 19:55:16 CEST 2012

Hi Thomas Worm,

nice idea :)

I was just about building a few packages for Fedora, too. Having never
worked with packaging, this will help  me a lot.

A few comments:

Requires:       typo3-manager
IMHO Recommends
Requires:       apache2
really? should be Recommends

Requires:       php5 >= 5.3
Requires:       php5-mysql
Requires:       php5-mbstring
Requires:       php5-iconv
really needed if mbstring is present? Works fine for me without it

Requires:       php5-zlib
Recommends:     php5-gd
Recommends:     GraphicsMagick
Provides:       typo3-src
I am unsure about this ... how does this provides work? Is it exclusive or
can multiple packages provide the same file/folder and be installed at the
same time?

What about php5-soap? Required for EM!
openssl is recommended for saltedpasswords (?)

php5-mcrypt (saltedpasswords?)

php5-process and phpunit to run unit tests

How about creating another (meta) package "typo3-dev" that requires xdebug,
phpunit and php-process, git, etc for developing?

Thomas Worm wrote:

> I currently built Typo3 as RPM modules for OpenSuSE, so it will be
> delivered with this distribution.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!