[TYPO3-dev] Fwd: Reference api from other php program

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Mon Oct 15 11:47:44 CEST 2012

On 08/10/12 22:14, Kay Strobach wrote:

>> The easiest for you is just to query that information directly from the
>> TYPO3 database.
>
> Otherwise you may look into the bootstrap files, and need to bootstrap
> the CMS parts needed.

Depending on the type and amount of data, I would consider writing a
simple extension that returns the data sets in a structured format (e.g.
XML, CSV, JSON or whatever) via http (e.g. as an eID call).

You need to ensure that only your application may access the data to
prevent information disclosure but the solution would also have the
advantage that in theory you could separate both applications and run
them on different servers in the future for example.

Again, it really depends on what exactly your requirements are but in
general I would be reluctant to include files from the Core or to access
the TYPO3 CMS database directly if not absolutely necessary.

Cheers
Michael