[TYPO3-dev] Use FAL in own extension, StorageRepository object not working

Klaus Hinum webmaster at hinum.com
Fri Nov 30 17:32:04 CET 2012

Hi,

just tried the new File Abstraction Layer in an own extension and I dont
get it to work.
I can create an instance using
$s1 =
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance('\\TYPO3\\CMS\\Core\\Resource\\StorageRepository');
but the object I get only has protected functions and e.g. getByUid is
not available.
Do I have to check if the FAL was initialized first. I cant find a good
tutorial. The one in docs.typo3.org doesnt work at all (outdated?) and
the snipped in the presentation of Typo3 6.0 has errors and leads to the
problem of the empty object.

Regards
Klaus